Our main areas of expertise are:
- The study of signalling systems of endocrine cells and inflammatory cell lines.
- Bioactivity of flavonoids in cell cultured lines and histotypic approaches that mimics gastrointestinal barrier (co-culture systems of enterocytes and hepatocytes, b-cells, endothelial cells).
- Rat models of obesity, diabetes and inflammation.
- Enzymatic activity assays, gene expression (qPCR), protein expression (ELISA and immunoblotting)
- Omics techniques
- Toxicity assays.
- Studies of the gastrointestinal wall function: Ussing Chambers, ex vivo systems.
Products and services:
- We offer studies and scientific advice concerning our above mentioned areas of expertise in the context of scientific collaboration, testing bioactive compounds upon request, analysis of customer's samples...
- Patent "Use of proanthocyanidins to supress hunger or induce satiety": application number P201431532.
- Patent "Hydrolysates of chicken leg, their peptides and their uses": application number P201731065.
- Patent application "Compostion and method to modulate food intake": application number P202030846.
- In order to ensure the highest quality in research, the research group MoBioFood has ISO 9001 certification including all research, development, innovation, knowledge and technology transfer activities. More information on quality management is available in the URV web Research Quality.
- "The scientific recipe within biosciences" (60 min)
- "Biotechnology at your table" (5 sessions of 4 hours)
- "How does food modulate our organism?" (max. 60 min, also as shorter workshop)
- "Is the insects protein our future?" (60 min)